If you are a patient, are not distributing to other patients, and will possess no more than 8oz and/or cultivate no more than 6 mature or 12 immature plants, your Medical Marijuana ID Card will protect you from arrest. Your ID will identify you as a person protected under Prop 215 and SB 420. It is used to help law enforcement identify you as being able to legally possess certain amounts of medical marijuana under specific conditions. Although you have to provide personal information when you apply for a Medical Marijuana ID card, the ID card system does not contain any personal information such as name, address or social security number. They system only contains the unique user ID number and when entered the only information provided is whether the card is valid or invalid. You can call 1-866-621-2204 (within LA County only) or go to your local health department for more info.
Disclaimer: This article has been prepared and published for informational purposes only and is not offered, nor should be construed, as legal advice.
- From Farm To Pipe: The New Marijuana Supply Chain Under The MMRSA
- Do I have to show a cop my recommendation for medical marijuana if i get stopped for possession?
- Is it in the Cards? Trump-ing the Federal Ban on Marijuana
- IT’S ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS BABY! The Government Use of Unfair Medical Marijuana Law to Make Big Money
- Measure MM: The Regulation of Medical Marijuana Businesses in Long Beach
- Proposed Marijuana Tax Could Help Fund Housing Project
- STATE AND FEDERAL GUN LAWS REGARDING MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENTS
- The Year of Marijuana 2016
- Understanding Medical Marijuana Regulation Bill SB-1262
- WHEN THE NEW YORK TIMES COMES CALLING…WILL THE FEDS LEGALIZE MARIJUANA?
- 411 on 420 & Medical Marijuana Laws in California
- MMRSA v AUMA Licensing